Employment, discrimination, industrial relations and occupational health and safety
Norton Gledhill assists clients with a full range of employment and workplace relations matters including:
- Bullying, discrimination, equal opportunity and sexual harassment claims
- Confidential information and restrictive covenants disputes and drafting agreements
- Drafting (and reviewing) employment contracts, independent contractor agreements and HR policies
- Employee investigations (including misconduct and employee fraud investigations)
- Enterprise agreements including drafting agreements and assisting in obtaining approval for the agreements in the Fair Work Commission
- Industrial relations (including industrial action, industrial disputes, industrial relations strategy and right of entry)
- Occupational health and safety investigations and prosecutions
- Performance management issues and advice in relation to the termination of employees
- Management of injured workers to ensure compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and Workers Compensation legislation
- Privacy and workplace surveillance
- Unfair dismissal, ‘adverse action’ and breach of contract claims
- Workplace training in relation to a range of issues including occupational health and safety matters, performance management and enterprise bargaining
We undertake the full range of both advisory and litigious work in this area and work closely with our clients to provide strategic and commercial advice.
Norton Gledhill also advises on the various employment and industrial relations issues which commonly arise on all types of corporate transactions, including transfer of business issues under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), due diligence matters, obligations of executive directors, partnership agreements and share option schemes.