Intellectual property and technology
Norton Gledhill’s IP and technology practice is driven by the firms’ strong belief in the economic and social benefits that smart use of technology can enable tempered by a clear understanding of the importance that intellectual property plays in protecting the value generated by technology enterprises. From start-ups to listed entities, Norton Gledhill services a diverse range of technology companies as well assisting more traditional companies with their endeavours in the technology space.
Particular areas of practice include:
- Copyright and content creation, distribution, protection and enforcement.
- Complex technology contracting including outsourcing arrangements, service level agreements, digital services agreements, SaaS agreements, website and software development agreements and escrow arrangements.
- Trademarks, trade-secrets, registered designs and patents: advice, application, registration, opposition and enforcement.
- Privacy and data collection, retention and destruction.
- E-business and online transactions including terms and conditions, privacy statements, end user licence agreements.
- Consumer and competition law and regulatory obligations.
- Domain name disputes, including auDispute Resolution Processes.
Intellectual Property cease and desist demands and other enforcement activities.