Venture capital and angel investment
Norton Gledhill has particular expertise in the field of venture capital and angel investment, having advised some of Australasia’s leading venture capital firms and angel investors on fund and investment structuring, investments and exits. Norton Gledhill has also provided significant support to the Scale Angel and Melbourne Angel investment groups and the Australian Association of Angel Investors, including by way of preparing the standard investment documents for each of those organisations.
Norton Gledhill also has significant experience in acting for founders and other early and growth stage companies who are the recipients of venture capital and angel investment.
Norton Gledhill’s experience includes:
- establishing companies, trusts, partnerships and other vehicles for managed venture capital and angel investments
- conducting legal due diligence
- preparing and advising on terms sheets and formal investment documents (including constitutions, subscription agreements, shareholders agreements, and preference share terms)
- acting on the disposal or other exit of venture capital and angel investments
- assisting with the establishment of employee share option and other inventive arrangements