Jeremy Cousins deals with a wide range of workplace relations and employment matters including advising clients on industrial relations strategy, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, defending claims under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and under both state and federal discrimination legislation. He assists clients with workplace investigations, performance and injury management issues, acts as an advocate in conciliation, tribunal, commission and court proceedings and has particular experience in the prosecution of claims arising out of breaches of confidentiality and restraint of trade matters.
Jeremy’s experience includes:
- assisting clients respond to and defend unfair dismissal, ‘adverse action’, discrimination and breach of contract claims:
- employee investigations (including misconduct and employee fraud investigations);
- industrial relations and employment strategy;
- obtaining and executing Anton Piller (Search) Orders in relation to employee wrongdoing;
- advising on OH&S fatality and serious injury prosecutions, assisting clients with investigations and attending formal records of interview;
- assisting clients with (generally defending) various applications to Fair Work Australia, e.g. disputes under enterprise agreements and applications for protected industrial action ballot orders;
- drafting employment contracts, independent contractor agreements and HR policies; and
- developing, drafting and negotiating enterprise agreements.
Jeremy is an updating co-author of Thomson’s Lawbook The Laws of Australia labour law chapters on The Australian Industrial Relations System and Awards and Agreements and the Work chapter in the Human Rights section. He is also a Certified Professional with the Australian Human Resources Institute.
Contact:Direct line: +613 8623 7167